When my parents were here last weekend, my mom wanted to do only one thing...to get white pumpkins. SO we searched Manitowoc county to find her some pumpkins that according to her only grow in Wisconsin. We finally found some she picked up a whole wagon full (and trunk full) I picked up a few too, a white one, and a big orange one with a huge stem, very cute. I put them on my steps with my purple mums. Ah it looked to nice and fall'ish.
I made a quick decision to go to my parents house for a few days, so I left Nate in charge of the house, he left for the cabin on Friday after work and I came home only a a day or so later. When I pulled up to the house my adorable pumpkins were missing!! I am so angry! I would even feel better if they were smashed somewhere, but no someone stole my pumpkins and THEY are enjoying them! Seriously, do you need pumpkins that badly? I am going to booby trap my pumpkins next year so when some one yanks them! Eh it makes me so mad! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to protect my property?
Now I look like a grump because I dont have anything out, and I refuse to buy anything more. Why should I buy pumpkins just so someone else can enjoy them? I should get a wagon full and say 'free' on them! Because apparently someone else needs my pumpkins more then I do...
Sunday, October 12, 2008
PUMPKINS
Posted by Amanda & Nate at 6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well First off it would help if you changed your text to ariel instead of Webdings. Anyways.. I suggest putting out more really cute pumpkins and this time time hooking wire to the stem and then stringing the wire through soda cans like a whole bunch. OR put out a pumpking and set up your video camera when you are gone and do the can thing at night. That way at least you can see. I video taped my neighbor stealing my newspaper. Then I filled the newspaper with Ferret poop. LOVE YA
This wouldn't prevent people from stealing them- but you could rub poison ivy all over them so that whoever DOES steal your pumpkins gets a nasty surprise... Or you could always install land mines in your front yard so that people will blow up before they get to your pumpkins. I think pumpkins is going to be my new word for boobies.
It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "How to Protect Your Pumpkins."
I'm sorry creeps are stealing your pumpkins. What a cruel world we live in.
Post a Comment